Are you leaving for one last vacation before fall?! We have a few tips, provided by the Cincinnati Insurance Co. blog, on how to prepare your home before you leave to ensure there is less of a chance you become a target of theft!
Be sure your home does not look unoccupied!
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- Disconnect your garage door opener.
- Make your driveway look active. Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway so it looks like someone is home.
- Make sure mail and newspaper deliveries are picked up or stopped. If you have 3 newspapers on your porch, it is obvious you are not home.
- Do not announce your vacation on voicemail or social media! People are being targeted after posting about their vacation on facebook or other social media methods.
- In the summer months, arrange for your grass to be mowed. In the winter months, arrange for your driveway to be shoveled.
- Use automatic timers to turn lights on and off
If you follow these steps, you might be one less theft statistic! Request a Review of Insurance to be sure you're adequately insured!
Information obtained from the Cincinnati Insurance Co blog post: http://blog.cinfin.com/2014/07/24/prepare-home-for-vacation/